Know before you go
This area may have travel restrictions related to COVID-19.
5 bedrms, 2.5 baths, pool, outside shower, private right-of-way to beach
King size beds (1) The master bedroom has a king bed, walk-in closet, newly remodeled private bath and new furniture., Queen size Beds (2) There are two queen bedrooms, Twin or Single Beds (4) There are two twin bedrooms, Child Beds (1) We have rails for use on the twin beds, We have 2 Pack-n-Plays in the hall closet and, folding futons that can be placed anywhere. All bedrooms except the trundle bedroom have flat-screen TV's.
Pool / Spa
- Bookings at this property are non-refundable.
Damage and incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property caused by you or your party during your stay.
Children allowed - We specialize in multi-generational families.We specialize in multi-generational families.
Pets allowed - Please see additional fees for pets.Please see additional fees for pets.
No smoking - Smoking is allowed outsideSmoking is allowed outside
Max guests: 12 (sleeps up to 8 adults)
Minimum age of primary renter: 30
- Cancellation refunds will be made if property can be rebooked.
- Quiet hours: 10 p.m. to 8 a.m. Please move inside before 9 p.m.
- Garage parking. Two cars only. See owner for details Car #1 Mid-sized SUV no longer than 202.9 inches (Dodge Grand Caravan) Car #2 190 inches or less
Cleaned with disinfectant
Canoes, stand-up paddle boarding, kite surfing are nearby.
Terminology clarification as you evaluate properties:
1. 'Beach side' does not mean 'Beach front.' 'Beach side' *should* mean that the home is on the beach side of Kalaheo Avenue and there will be no streets to cross to get to the beach. Please ask the property owner if there are any streets to cross to get to the beach.
2. A 'Beach Front' home is actually on the beach.
3. 'Ocean Front' in Kailua means there are only rocks in the front of the property and there is no beach. You will need to drive to get to the beach.
4. 'Ocean View' means that you will have a view of the ocean, but the home is likely up on a hillside.
Questions to ask other property owners:
1. Do I have to cross any streets to get to the beach?
2. Is there a private beach right-of-way for my use? If not, how far is the public right-of-way?
3. Will we be the only renters on the property?
About Carolyn Hiatt
Past president of the Rotary Club of Honolulu Sunrise, Carolyn is active in a variety of community service activities. She is a retired technology teacher for K-5 students at an (pk -12) Independent International Baccalaureate-certified World school right here in Kailua. In her spare time, Carolyn enjoys walking on the beach, traveling, and spending time with family.
Carolyn Hiatt purchased this house in 1971
Why Carolyn Hiatt chose Kailua
This has been our family home since 1971, but I started the vacation rental in 1987 as the children grew up and and moved away to start college. It became a perfect opportunity to keep and maintain my home while meeting interesting people from around the world.
What makes this house unique
This is a quiet residential lane with wonderful, friendly neighbors. This is why we specialize in families. There are just 7 homes, and the lane ends at the locked beach gate. This adds additional safety for your children, and of course we give you a key.