2 Bedrooms, 2 Bathrooms, Kitchen,Living room,Dining Area, garden
- english, french, italian, sinhala
We are a young couple : I'm Italian, my husband is Srilankan. We own the Dionis Villa, five charming apartments situated in the Jungle of Unawatuna, 10 minutes walk from Unawatuna Bay and from Jungle beach. we love our job and we believe that it gives us the unique opportunity to meet many different people and exchange experiences. We aim to guide our guests to an authentic experience here in Sri Lanka, promoting Responsible Tourism.
Francesca purchased this Apartment in 2009
Why Francesca chose Unawatuna
Dionis Villa is an expression of responsible tourism . We believe responsible tourism is a better way to see the world. You get a more authentic experience, and your holiday benefits local people and the environment. Responsible travel is about bringing you closer to local cultures and environments by involving local people in tourism. It's about doing this in a fair way that helps ensure that they will give you an even warmer welcome. For example, a local guide will open your eyes to their cultures and ways of life far better than an expat guide could ever do – they will also earn a much needed income from you.
What makes this Apartment unique
The responsible traveler understands local peoples relationship with environments, and that income from tourism can be a powerful incentive for conservation. The responsible traveler values diversity – diversity of people, cultures and environments. Responsible travel is about re-discovering how to experience nature and to be in it, feeling it, smelling it and learning about it rather than just looking at it. Through this they replenish their souls.
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date.
If you travel for relaxation, fulfillment, discovery, adventure and to learn – rather than simply to tick off 'places and things' – then responsible travel is for you. We can arrange daily tours or longer tours around sri lanka, as you wish.
Those who are interested in acquiring new culinary skills can have a private traditional rice and curry cookery lesson at the villa. We arrange airport pickup as well.
A significant places of interest nearby dionis villa includes:
- the unesco world heritage site of galle fort (a portuguese fort) and the related museum which is 4km away from dionis villa.
- Surfing, snorkeling or shipwreck diving in the aqua marine waters of unawatuna
- Surfing and wind surfing in weligama beach and hikkaduwa beach
- Body surfing or whale/dolphin watching at mirissa beach
- Relaxing and snorkeling in jungle beach
- Releasing a baby turtle into the indian ocean from the turtle farm at habaraduwa
- Taking a catamaran trip on the scenic lakes at koggala and visiting cinnamon island
- Visiting nearby buddhist temples
- Taking a yoga class or relaxing massage in unawatuna
- Hiring a bicycle and cycling inland amongst the paddy fields admiring the gorgeous views
- Visiting the fish market, the vegetable market and the fruit market
We can arrange 3,4,5 up to 10 days tours.
Significant places to visit:
- The ancient cities: anuradhapura, sigiriya, dambulla, polonnaruwa
- The waterfalls in ella
- The amazing hills country
- The famous buddhist temple at the top of adam’s peak
- Sinharaja rain forest
- World’s end: the most spectacular views from the mountains
- Tea plantations: from the fields to the tea factory ending with an orange pekoe tea cup
- Kandyan classical dance show in kandy city
- The old kandy temple
- Pinnawala elephants orphanage (nearby kandy)
- Surfing tours from the south coast to arugam bay
- Safari at yale national park
We believe that you can grow as individuals through these experiences, and that your trip can make a positive contribution towards conserving global diversity. We also believe that travelling with respect earns us respect.