El Valle Golf Resort Polaris World Resorts, Cartagena & Mar Menor, Murcia - Cost
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
Great villa - kids loved it - had everything we needed & more - table tennis provided hours of fun as well
Hi Michael, Thankyou for your lovely review. So pleased you all had a great family fun holiday !!!
Beautiful villa, stayed twice!
This was our second stay in this villa, we have stayed on El Valle Golf Resort for the past 5 holidays and plan to go again next year! The villa is clean and equipped with everything you need, it is in a quiet spot only a 10 minute walk away from the golf club, suitable for families and couples alike - you can enjoy a nice meal and your favourite tipple, there is also regular entertainment. The staff at the club house can't do enough for you and the food is great! Next to the club house is a small Spar shop which sells everything but can be quite expensive. There is an Iceland supermarket only 15 minutes away by car for all English home comfort foods. Although in the UK, the owners are easily contactable and very friendly, there are also onsite reps available at your request- Bobby is particularly helpful. There are beautiful beaches and places to visit nearby and a car is advisable for a stay here...Cartagena, Murcia and Mar Menor are worth a visit. The villa is on a corner plot and gets the sun round the pool for the majority of the day, the pool is great especially in the summer months! We arrived to a welcome pack of treats and beverages as this was our second stay, which was much appreciated after our flight was delayed and all the shops were closed. We had a wonderful holiday and will definitely be back. Thank you Zoe from the Hill family x
Fantastic week away!!!!
Being this was the first time we stopped in a villa it was great ... our friends who came with us had previously stopped in villas as stated that this was the nicest one they have ever stopped in..... the villa has full amenities and we had a cracking time the pool is perfect and a great size. I do recommend you hire a car but we managed to get about with help from the lovely neighbours ..... over all I would defiantly come back :)
So pleased you all enjoyed your holiday, It was a pleasure having you as guests.
Nice villa that just needs few changes/additions
Have just returned from 2 week stay.
PLUS POINTS -
1. very spacious (much bigger than photos depict)
2. fabulous American style fridge/freezer which dispenses filtered water and ice cubes
3. excellent washing machine
4. excellent oven and hob.
5. comfortable bed in master bedroom
6. plenty of towels provided.
7. great sun beds
1. majority of kitchenware including crockery and cutlery were grubby and required going through the dishwasher. Frying pan so badly scratched that we couldn't use it as all the non stick surface had been badly scratched. Pyrex dish had sticky brown residue on it. Didn't expect to arrive and start cleaning. No cleaning equipment provided which we thought strange.
2. The air conditioning..owner failed to mention this is on a 2 hour timer. We spent 14 nights with broken sleep as every 2 hours a/c would run out and as there are no fans of any description and temperatures were in high 30's the villa became unbearably hot very quickly.
3. Wifi not great. Dips in and out all day. Fine first thing in morning but as day progresses, wifi cuts out.
4. Ants.. villa has an ant problem which owner needs to address
5. Pool.. 50+ tiles missing from pool which need replacing
6. Needs a proper ironing board. Theirs wobbles & you have to sit down to use. Impossible to stand and iron as it only raises to 3ft in height.
7. Washing line supplied but nowhere to hook it up to so impossible to hang wet clothes. We had to dry clothes over the sun beds
8. On arrival it took us 20 minutes to find the keys. Sellers instructions state keys are in box to left of property which is somewhat confusing. Keys are in a box under the outside BBQ. Seller needs to also provide clearer directions to the villa. Her directions took us to the entrance of El Valle but no directions to find villa from that point. Even the security guard had no idea how to find the road this villa was on.
We all thought El Valle was far too remote for us. Literally in the middle of nowhere. A car is ESSENTIAL. Huge fly problem which reading previous reviews it must be an ongoing issue.
Villas on this resort have been built far too close to each other to point you can hear any conversations neighbours are having if they are out by their pool area.
Villa has new cutlery etc. All points noted and actioned. Changed to a new & more efficient cleaning company. New dishwasher installed.
A fantastic villa!! 19th - 26th July 2009
We have just returned from a wonderful weeks stay in this villa. It is even better and larger than it looks in the photos. Clean, spacious and finished to a high specification. We did not want to come home!
We explored the area and found lovely beaches on La manga. Cartagena was a lovely day out with a boat trip to the castle. Iceland supermarket in San Javier was very useful to buy anything and everything English that you could get at home - particularly when travelling with very young children.
We had a fantastic time and would definatley love to visit again soon. Thank you.
Recommendations to owner - BBQ tools etc have not yet been replaced by the management company. Any possibilty of a couple of English speaking channels on the TV except Disney?
3 weeks at the villa- june/july 09
The villa is lovely,clean and spacious. The pool is fantastic. There is a bbq, however no bbq tools!. Some other basics missing such as place mats, bottle opener,etc. The resort is VERY quiet. The club house is lovely and the supermarket sells everything you would need although best going to large outside supermarket if doing large shop. The Irish Clover bar was not open during our stay. Car reuired as the villa is not near any other restaurants. We found flies a great problem and after speaking to some fpeople who lived there they said there was a problem with flies- we were unable to eat outside in the evening due to this problem despite using oil burners, candles,bbq, etc. Other than that we had avery relaxing family holiday lounging by pool, reading and sight seeing.
The BBQ tools, bottle opener & place mats have all been replaced by the maintenance company. Re flies the El Valle grass has been sprayed with chemicals by Polaris World so we will check that our garden was included.
El Valle Golf Resort is located 20 mins from the wonderful city of Murcia. The old part of the city has many museums, churches, and plazas linked by quaint streets-ideal for exploring the numerous restaurants, tapas bars and shops. Murcia region boasts an array of sports for all tastes from watching Murcia football team in their wonderful new stadium playing in La Liga against the likes of Real Madrid and Barcelona. For the more active cycling, hiking and rock climbing are available in the mountains. If its a more relaxing time you're after, try the Mar Menor with its long sandy beaches and warm water where the bathing is safe. Water sports are available at a safe controlled distance away. The shopper is well catered for in Murcia with its 2 shopping malls with shops such as Zara, Hennes, Primark, C & A and Ikea. The historic city of Caragena is only 30 minutes drive away, where you can see many ancient relics and visit the colourful markets.