Cozy and modern apartment, with views and terrace, close to Subway and Airport
- english, spanish, portuguese
About Paulo Matos
I enjoy a simple life and to smile. I love the sea and my friends. I can see myself in the movies Cinema Paradiso, Into the Wild and The Matrix. :) Freedom and creativity are essential, so I work on my own building websites and love to travel everywhere, while taking pictures and knowing different people and cultures. Have I already told that I feel like flying whenever I play guitar? The apartment was my home for several years. It was renovated and now offers even more comfort, which I hope you have the opportunity to enjoy. Welcome!
Paulo Matos purchased this Apartment in 2002
Why Paulo Matos chose São Vicente
In the last years, I have been living and working in Lisbon. I bought this apartment so that I could be close to work and, at the same time, avoid to feel trapped within city walls, since the main view of the living room and the double room is the long and wide Tagus river mouth.
What makes this Apartment unique
Cheerful, colourful and full of light! This is the environment of the apartment, which has a perfect terrace for enjoying the sun, take an invigorating breakfast or share a romantic dinner. All this while enjoying the views of the river and its boating atmosphere.
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date.
Location and views
This apartment was on the top floor so oldies beware but it was worth it for the view
It was near the train station and the alfama and nearly next door was crisfama a restaurant not to be missed
Plenty of room in the apartment and Paolo system of getting into the apartment worked very well
It loses a star for the hard bed!!
Fijne plek met een groot zonnig balkon.
Het appartement van Paulo bevindt zich vlakbij het station en de levendige wijk Alfama, dus eettentjes en cafeetjes om de hoek. Appartement is goed volledig ingericht en heeft een mooi groot balkon waar je van 's ochtends tot in de avond zon hebt. Contact met Paulo verloopt prima. Deze plen is een aanrader!
Lidy en Frans
Excellent apartment, amazing view indeed!
The apartment is as described in the listing - a very pleasant place to stay, nice and quiet, away from the more hectic parts of Lisbon, but an easy walk to small shops & restaurants, as well as a Metro & train station. The view from the terrace is spectacular! We had no problems and would recommend it to other travellers.
A great apartment
This is a great apartment .
we liked it so much we wanted to book it again when we return to Portugal unfortunately it was already booked.
Hidden Gem with a Magnificent View
We stayed here for our 4 days is Lisbon and Paulos was a great host -- provided us with timely and good information about the condo and the area. As seniors we were a little daunted with the 4 flights of stairs but I recommend doing it for the view and after a day or two you hardly notice the climb. The outdoor private patio is a great place to enjoy breakfast or evening wine. The apartment has everything you need and a nice big bathroom. The back porch for washing and hanging out to dry was also appreciated. As others have said, metro and train station super close...we opted for a 5 euro taxi to take us to city center for hop on hop off bus (highly recommended!). We ate 3 times at Theresa's and her husband's restaurant where you pick up the keys -- Crisfama Cafe. Everything is homemade by Theresa and Portuguese and the price is phenomenal. Sangria is lovely and the home made desserts are to die for! (At least the two I ate!)
Great apartment, terrace, neighborhood, & location
Great apartment and great location. Paulo was really good to communicate with to make the reservation and answer all my questions about information about the area. Checking in at the Cristima restaurant was great. We were early and they not only fed us when they were closed but worked with us to store luggage until the apartment was ready. Also don't miss eating there! The apartment is just what you see on the website. For us location and a good terrace are our priorities and Tagus Terrace Apartment surpassed this!
'Lisbon is an illuminated city. The almost constant presence of sunshine and the River Tagus transforms the Portuguese capital into a mirror of a thousand colours - highlighting the city’s unique architecture and beauty.
There are so many things to see and do in Lisbon that visitors have access to a wide array of different experiences.'
Close to the apartment, take a walk in the popular neighbourhoods of Alfama and Graça, while visiting:
• Panteão Nacional (National Pantheon), one of the most representative examples of Baroque architecture, built on an octogonal floor plan centred on a Greek cross with the arms rounded in the style of Bramante;
• Monastery of São Vicente de Fora, a sixteenth century church and monastery with a Renais sance façade which has in its cloisters a series of interesting Portuguese tile (azulejo) panels inspired by La Fontaine’s fables.
Have fun during the day and at night:
• Feira da Ladra (Thieves' Market), a picturesque flea market where you will find all you want. It attracts crowds looking for that second-hand bargain and runs every Tuesday and Saturday in Campo de Santa Clara;
• Lux, the undisputed king of all clubs in Lisbon, featuring an always-fabulous interior, a spectacular rooftop terrace overlooking the river, special theme parties and the best DJs (often including internationally renowned names).
Learn about our history and culture:
• Museu Nacional do Azulejo (National Tile Museum), is in the 16th century Convent of Madre de Deus and houses a 15th to 20th century collection of Portuguese tiles, as well as a number of tiles from Spain and Holland;
• Museu da Água (Water Museum) - Barbadinhos Steam Pumping Station, where the history of Lisbon‘s water supply is traced, from Roman times until the present day and particularly the Águas Livres (Free Water) project.