Know before you go
This area may have travel restrictions related to COVID-19.
4 Bedrooms, large yard. Fall is the time for biking, hiking, and kayaking
Queen size Beds (3), Twin or Single Beds (4) The upstairs guest room singles are extra long for teenagers, Child Beds (1) The Cloud Room (interior sleeping/play room) is good for one little person
- 100% refund if you cancel at least 30 days before check-in.
- 50% refund (minus the service fee) if you cancel at least 14 days before check-in.
- No refund if you cancel less than 14 days before check-in.
Damage and incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property caused by you or your party during your stay.
Max guests: 9
Minimum age of primary renter: 21
- Please wash/dry/fold towels the night before as they take forever to dry. Start the bed sheets in the washing machine. No need to make the beds.
- Please leave the property neat and clean. Five hours cleaning is included in your rental.
Cleaned with disinfectant
Check in and check out with no person-to-person contact
Sand Palace is on the western end of the island. Transportation is via your car, a bike path, or island shuttle bus.
- english, spanish
About Larry or Nancy D'Oench
My husband and I call the house 'Sand Palace' named after a movie theatre in the British Virgin Islands. This is the kind of place children and grandchildren love. Lots to do, good location, water view.
Larry or Nancy D'Oench purchased this house in 1994
Why Larry or Nancy D'Oench chose Madaket
There's so much to do for all ages... we like biking and sunset watching from our deck, guests like to hike to the views from nearby open land, little kids like to catch turtles, bigger ones enjoy riding the shuttle bus or bike into town, and everyone loves the beaches. Being an island surrounded by beaches you can pretty much use any beach you can get to.
What makes this house unique
Water view, large yard for games, bike path to beach or town just across the street, shuttle to town ditto. Large unfinished basement with a ping pong table and card table available for the odd rainy day.