Long-Term stays only. Bright And Comfortable and Non-shedding Dog Friendly
About Jennifer LeSar
My name is Jennifer and I have more than 25 years of experience in the real estate and investment banking industries. I have owned this property since 2004. I have lived in San Diego since 1993 and in the South Park community since 2000. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions you have about the neighborhood, and promote to nearby amenities. I look forward to your enjoying our wonderful San Diego community and our vibrant urban neighborhood!
Jennifer LeSar purchased this House in 2004
Why Jennifer LeSar chose South Park
I love this neighborhood for its historic character, proximity to Balboa Park and the Zoo, downtown San Diego and Petco Park, and the freeways which take you to the beaches, Mexico and the area's amenities, and for its great restaurants and dog park around the corner.
What makes this House unique
Walking distance within 3 to 5 minutes to dog park, wine bar, Stone Brewery, restaurants, gym, yoga studio and gourmet grocery store! Driving distance within 5 - 7 minutes to the Zoo, Balboa Park, downtown San Diego, new library, Petco Park and Convention Center (for Comic Con fans!).
Max guests: 3 (sleeps up to 2 adults)
Canceled bookings will not receive a refund
Damage and incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property caused by you or your party during your stay.
Delightful cottage, nice quiet neighborhood convenient to everything
Jennifer's units are a delight. Nicely furnished and appointed. Can walk to bars restaurants and there is a mini-Target-CVS within three blocks. Target has grocery items so a car here is really not required. Reminds us of houses we grew up in with pull out cutting board etc. Will highly recommend to the folks coming to stay in San Diego. Because of our daughter's cancer treatment had to extend our stay which Jennifer kindly let us do on a day to day basis. If available as we visit our daughter over the next several months we will try to stay here again. Entire set up is just great and accommodating a rescue dog was a major plus. Unit has a smart washer-dryer which tells you level etc and so quiet you could sleep with it going
Charlie and Patti - thank you for the great review. You are the perfect guests - great communicators, easy to have! I hope you will stay with us when you return.
A great stay in a great city
My wife and I recently spent a month in this lovely house. The house is well furnished, well supplied, and very nicely decorated. The furniture is new and comfortable. We hosted a dinner for 6 and all the kitchen equipment needed was in the house. An added bonus for this house over other properties we have rented in the past is the weekly cleaning and replacement of the towels and linens. The owner and property manager know how to do rental right.
In addition to the house itself, the local neighborhood is a winner. Lots to see and do within walking distance and easy access by car or public transportation to much of what San Diego has to offer. A real vacation!
Jack, thanks for the great review not only of the home but also of the neighborhood! I hope you will come back and stay again!
Bad chemical odor
Appeared clean and tidy though the umbrella on front patio was broken, the screening on front door was damaged, and the front door key code bad malfunctioned. Upon entering the unit we noticed a chemical odor presumably from air freshener which did not abate enough to stay in the property. The owner offered to visit the property on Day 3 of our scheduled 4 day stay to assess having advised opening windows, using fans or AC. None of these helped in a period of 6 hours, so we relocated to a hotel the first night. We do not suffer from any unusual allergies but the smell was so unpleasant we could not stay there. We feel the property should have been ready for us upon our arrival.
Perfect South Park Vacation!
This is simply the perfect South Park location for enjoying a car-free vacation. We walked to local eateries & rode bikes to Balboa Park & Coronado. The unit is extremely clean & bright and the owner is responsive. We had everything we needed. 😍
Terrific house in a great neighborhood
This was a great house in South Park. Close to everything and a fantastic neighborhood.
The owner and housekeeper were attentive to all of our questions. The house was stocked with everything we could need.
Thank you so much for such a wonderful long weekend. We can't wait to return.
In the Neighborhood:
• 4 minute walk (0.2 miles) to South Park Fitness
• 4 minute walk (0.2 miles) to Grape Street Dog Park
• 5 minute walk (0.4 miles) to Ginseng Yoga
• 3 minute drive (0.9 miles) to Balboa Golf Course (Visit the popular “Tobey’s on the 19th”)
• 5 minute drive (1.5 miles) to Balboa Park
South Park is located just east of Balboa Park, Downtown, and the San Diego Bay, south of North Park and Hillcrest, and just north of the Golden Hill community.
Nearby attractions include:
• 7 minute drive (2.5 miles) to San Diego Zoo
• 10 minute drive (2.8 miles) to the historic Gaslamp Quarter in downtown San Diego
• 10 minute drive (2.8 miles) to the Beautiful and Brand-New San Diego Public Library
• 12 minute drive (3.5 miles) to the San Diego Convention Center
• 13 minute drive (8.8 miles) to Sea World
• 20 minute drive (16 miles) to the US-Mexico Border
More Awesome Local Eateries, Amenities, and Fun Time Destinations (1-mile radius from vacation home)
• Absolute Skin: Where you can lay back and get pampered
• Big Kitchen: Perfect for Breakfast/Brunch
• Buona Forchetta: Classico Fare Italiano, and hip-hot spot
• Captain Kirk’s Coffee: Walk-up Style, to-die-for coffee, smoothies, and tea
• Daily Scoop on Juniper: For delicious ice cream
• Eclipse Chocolate Bistro and Café: Amazing chocolately fare
• Goldline Salon: For a fresh new look
• Grants Marketplace: For organic groceries and flakey pastries
• Rose Wine Bar: Amazing wine and hors d’oeuvres in 100 steps from your door
• Mythology: Eco-boutique with funky-cool tchotchkes
• Sombrero’s Mexican Food: Burritos, tacos, carne asada fries, and more!
• South Bark Dog-Wash: Where you can take the pooch (or poochess) for a blueberry facial!
• South Park Abbey: For delicious American food
• Station Tavern: For burgers and beers. Outdoor seating available. Children and dogs welcomed.
• Stone Brewing Company Store: Where you can purchase merchandise and beer
• The Grove: Candles, waxes, soaps, and other apothecary that make FANTASTIC gifts!